Tuesday, 3 April 2018
Am wary of the stock series2 turbo these days as it is getting tired and old. Really not sure how it has even lasted so long at this power but Big news! I know I have been saying it for ages but I finally bit the bullet after many months deciding what way I wanted to go with the turbo setup. After buying a new house and having to furnish it from top to bottom when we get the keys in September, there was a limited turbo upgrade budget available.
I wanted stock-ish engine bay looks and an eager responsive setup so this week I ordered an AutoExtreme 400BHP Hybrid Turbo(UK Built)& fitting kit(braided lines etc), Tomei Expreme Outlet(Open mouth elbow), Nismo 740cc injectors and am just about to order a 90 degree silicone bend for the turbo. This will be a stop gap until I go full balls out Sinco/6Boost mani with GT(X)3076R w/ext wastegate but who knows when that will be. The hybrid turbo has been selling well in the UK for the last 2/3 years with zero failures and very good feedback and most power figures around the 408BHP @the fly wheel. There was a recent easter promotion discounted price so got in quick!
Tomei Expreme Outlet Pipe
Nismo 740cc Side-Feed Injectors
Have stockpiled a wad of parts over the last few months to do a few bits & bobs
Nissan Genuine OEM O2 Sensor
Sytec Fuel Filter
Titan Steel Wheel Nuts(Black)
CL RC5+ Brake Pads(4069) - R
DBA T3 4000 Discs - R
Mobil1 10w60 Extended Life Engine Oil w/Greddy Oil Filter OX-03
Had planned on hitting the track on the 6th April but with college work mounting up and being away with work, I never got a chance to get the car ready. There are plenty more track days later on in the year so will get booked in for them once car is sorted.
The Tomei & Nismo parts are en-route from Japan, should have the Hybrid turbo & fitting kit within the next 2 weeks.
With the new power, I can only assume I will need an uprated diff & next stage clutch but will see how we get on first.
So with my exams over in May, I will hopefully be able to focus on the car for the summer months and get all these parts added and keep her running sweet!
As always, stay tuned!
Thursday, 12 October 2017
Long overdue an update. Between impending birth of a little person, buying a new house, general life getting in the way & photobucket wrecking my project thread, I have not kept this updated.
Alot has happened since last update. but here is a quick summary. Will add some pictures to bottom of this post
- DBA T3 4000 discs & CL RC5+ front pads installed. Excellent setup once you bed them in. Have picked up rear discs and pads to match and remove the EBC rear setup also. Both Front & Rear EBC setup for sale by the way
- Had the suspension turrets sorted again as there was slight discolouring again. All the skins were removed this time and replaced so fully repairing it. While the car was down in the bodyshop, there was some restoration behind the skirts and general tidy up underneath. The big bit of work was box section steel replacing the squished sills so much stronger now when jacking up. No fear of the sills being squished again with big jacks.
- Installed the HKS SSQV and removed the Turbosmart Recirc BOV(also for sale). Was going to recirc the HKS but requires a bit more work to do that properly so will leave it venting to atmosphere for the moment
- Was out on track with the octane gang around mondello. managed a not too shabby 2m17s lap via harry lap timer. The brakes make a big difference. Still a bit rolly with the nismo s-tune suspension setup so coilovers might be on the card. Played with the tyre pressures too. A good 42 laps put the good year Eagle F1 Assy2's to the test and they performed very well and held up well too.
- While the car was in the bodyshop, i had them remove the cusco front strut brace and spray it black. Tidies up the engine bay alot better. Will eventually go all black in the engine bay.
- While i was on a track day buzz, i signed up the recent RunwayClub event which was a great day of fun. Needs alot better organisation but overall went well. Managed a 193kph top speed run in the very short 1000m. Waiting around in the queue generating heat soak really didn't help. Could feel it sluggish up top but that is purely down to the stock turbo.
- Exciting new bosch wiper blades went on.
Next steps are to replace a few vac lines, NCT, replace fuel filter, install rear DBA/RC CL5+ brake setup, oil/filter then pop her away for the winter from 1st Dec
As always, stay tuned
Friday, 4 August 2017
Check back shortly for a lot of project updates since the last one!
Tuesday, 16 May 2017
Apart from EBC, there are not alot of rotor options for the stock 296mm sized rotor.
To compliment the front CL RC5+ pads, I also picked up some RC5+ pads for the rears from MurrayMotorSport. Hopefully they will fit(same dimensions as my rear EBC red stuff pads). Will keep the EBC rear discs for the moment.
Hopefully my theory is correct and stock turbo = stock elbow = recirc bov for smoothness. Will see!
Gave the car another clean. There has been alot of dust in the air lately plus I must have killed most of Ireland's fly population!
Things to do next:
HKS SSQv kit is about to be shipped from Japan so will fit that, fit new discs & pads, sytec fuel filter & replace my DW wheel nuts with titan ones which I picked up from Pro-Parts ages ago. Book myself in for the next Octane Track Day also.
As always, stay tuned
Tuesday, 11 April 2017
On closer inspection, it appears the washer on the crank bolt had collapsed and the pulley was having a wobble! Crank bolt was tight so no issue with it coming off.
Ordered some new parts from rhdjapan and kudosmotorsport to keep it running sweet. I noticed that the viscous fan had hairline cracks all over it so picked up a new one. Along with a new passo arch liner, new stock thermostat, AC pulley & bosch fuel filter.
Once it had all arrived, off down to TDP where they sorted out the crank pulley bolt/washer, fitted the new oem thermostat, new fan and AC pulley. When i went down to collect it, we went out and fine tuned the Link ecu. The engine was running much hotter now and the Link ecu was alot happier. Some extra fuel added in down low the lumpy idle has almost gone and boost tables tweaked she is pulling like a train now. much nicer to drive.
I even did a 586km round trip to Cork on Friday and it ran perfectly. The oil temp sits just at 88c at 120kph and drops down nicely when you slow down thanks to the oil cooler.
Some pics from a evening spins now that it is getting brighter
Next steps is to just enjoy it for the moment. I need to get some paint correction done on it to get uber clean - badly needs a clay for that glass feeling. Have also ordered some DBA T3 4000series front discs to compliment my RC5+ pads. Will fit them all together when they arrive and get rid of the EBC discs & pads
As always, stay tuned....
Sunday, 26 March 2017
Gave it a good scrub today and tried out white fusso on the front and spoiler.
Products used: Bilt Hamber snow foam, fallout and wheel cleaner. AG body shampoo. Monster dry towels and Fusso followed by some AG tyre dressing.
#nissan #skyline #r33gtst #rb25det #nismo #skylinesi #bilthamber #autoglym #snowfoam #fusso
Thursday, 9 March 2017
First outing tonight so had to wash it......In the dark. What could possibly go wrong #nissan #skyline #r33gtst #skylinesi #bilthamber #snowfoam #autoglym #sheepskin #wintergrime